Today we raise a glass to National Mojito Day! We have created two refreshing wine mojito cocktails with unique summer combinations that you will be sippin on all season! Run to your kitchen and start prepping!
STRAWBERRY WINE MOJITO
- 1/2 Lime
- 8 Mint, fresh leaves
- 2 Strawberries, large
- 1 ounce of white rum
- 2 ounces of White Cabernet
- Club soda
Add the mint leaves, two lime wedges, and strawberries to a highball or collins glass. Use a muddler to gently muddle the mint, lime, and strawberries (but not too much as you don’t want to break apart the mint leaves).
Add the two remaining lime wedges. Muddle gently to release the lime juice, again being careful not to smash the mint leaves and break them apart.
Fill the glass with ice and pour the rum and White Cabernet directly over the ice. Top off each glass with club soda and stir just to combine. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh mint, lime, strawberries, and a straw. Enjoy!
COCONUT WINE MOJITOS
- 1 ounce white rum
- 2 ounces Coconut Sparkling
- 2 1/2 Limes
- Bundle of Mint leaves
- Toasted Coconut flakes, if desired
- Dip each glass in water and then roll in toasted coconut. Add 8 mint leaves and two lime wedges (from half of a lime) to a highball or collins glass. Use a muddler to gently muddle the mint and lime (but not too much as you don’t want to break apart the mint leaves).
- Add the rum, Coconut Sparkling, juice of 2 limes.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the rum and Coconut Sparkling directly over the ice. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh mint and lime and a straw. Enjoy!
• Graham crackers
• Dark chocolate bars
• 1 bottle of Decadencia
Toast a marshmallow and allow it to cool. Scoop out the center of the marshmallow, pour in your Decadencia, sprinkle on crushed graham crackers and add a mini chocolate bar!
We had to share this Peach Cobbler Cocktail for two reasons! National Peach Cobbler Day is on Saturday, recognizing the delicious dessert that originated during the 19th century! BONUS our Peach Sparkling is ONLY $10 right now for Wine Club Members! How perfect is that?! Grab a couple bottles and enjoy the weekend!
- 1 peach
- 1 cup of Peach Sparkling Wine
- 2 ounces of Almond Sparkling Wine
- 2 ounces of peach vodka
- 1 cup of ice
- brown sugar (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- crushed graham crackers (optional)
1. Make your Brown Sugar Mixture. Mix a small amount of brown sugar, cinnamon, and crushed graham crackers and set aside.
2. Blend all ingredients except brown sugar mixture in blender until smooth.
3. Dip rim of glass with water.
4. Dip glass rim in the brown sugar mixture.
5. Pour in drink mixture.
6. Garnish with a sliced peach.
~ Go On. Celebrate!
Happy National Fruit Cocktail Day Everyone! Many of us have childhood memories of a dish of fruit cocktail served regularly with a meal… which now doesn’t sound so appetizing. I think we can all agree we prefer fresh fruit and as an adult, and alcohol is included. To celebrate this super fun day we are bringing you enough fun fruit cocktails to count as all of your fruit servings for today!
For starters, our fun fruit inspired Sparkling Wines are a great way to celebrate all on their own! Just add some fresh or frozen fruits to any of these sparkling wines for an easy and fun drinking cocktail!
PS Rosie Wilson loves mixing the Peach and Orange Sparkling together!
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT INTO A WINE SLUSHY…. (WHO DOESN’T?!)
- Pour your bottle of wine into a gallon ziplock bag set inside a dish then freeze overnight… wine doesn’t freeze solid so don’t be concerned if yours is a little slushy
- Slice up 1 cup chopped fruit of your choice.. strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or pineapple.
- Add wine and fruit to a blender, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
NOW LET’S MOVE ONTO SOME WHITE SANGRIA!
- Bottle of White Cabernet or Riesling
- 1/2 cup Peach Sparkling
- 1/4 cup Orange Sparkling
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Mix together all of the liquid ingredients.
- Add in the fruit. Let chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or up to 10 hours (unless wine was previously chilled)
- Serve cold.
FINISH OFF WITH A RED SUMMER SANGRIA!
- 2 bottles red wine, Barbera-Mourvedre or VS Cabernet Zinfandel
- 2 cups strawberries
- 20 oz can pineapple, including juice (chunks or slices)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 large oranges, sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- 1 lime sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- In a large 4 quart pitcher, pour the wine, strawberries, pineapples with their juice, and cranberry juice – mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange, lemon and lime wedges and toss in the wedges when done. Toss blueberries, stir.
- Place sangria in fridge for several hours or overnight. When ready, pour over glass filled with ice, garnish with fresh berries and or fruit wedge. Enjoy!
How perfect is it that National Margarita Day is on a Saturday?! This recipe is so easy and so delicious, let’s make it a good one and keep this recipe going all weekend long!
1/2 cup Golden Jubilee
6oz Frozen Limeade Concentrate
1/2 cup Orange Juice
3 cups ice
1. Blend wine, limeade and orange juice until well combined
2. Slowly add in ice and blend to a slushy consistency
3. Rub margarita glass with lime and dust with salt
4. Fill each glass and garnish with orange and lime slices
Happy National Margarita Day!