Happy National Fruit Cocktail Day Everyone! Many of us have childhood memories of a dish of fruit cocktail served regularly with a meal… which now doesn’t sound so appetizing. I think we can all agree we prefer fresh fruit and as an adult, and alcohol is included. To celebrate this super fun day we are bringing you enough fun fruit cocktails to count as all of your fruit servings for today!
For starters, our fun fruit inspired Sparkling Wines are a great way to celebrate all on their own! Just add some fresh or frozen fruits to any of these sparkling wines for an easy and fun drinking cocktail!
PS Rosie Wilson loves mixing the Peach and Orange Sparkling together!
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT INTO A WINE SLUSHY…. (WHO DOESN’T?!)
- Pour your bottle of wine into a gallon ziplock bag set inside a dish then freeze overnight… wine doesn’t freeze solid so don’t be concerned if yours is a little slushy
- Slice up 1 cup chopped fruit of your choice.. strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or pineapple.
- Add wine and fruit to a blender, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
NOW LET’S MOVE ONTO SOME WHITE SANGRIA!
- Bottle of White Cabernet or Riesling
- 1/2 cup Peach Sparkling
- 1/4 cup Orange Sparkling
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Mix together all of the liquid ingredients.
- Add in the fruit. Let chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or up to 10 hours (unless wine was previously chilled)
- Serve cold.
FINISH OFF WITH A RED SUMMER SANGRIA!
- 2 bottles red wine, Barbera-Mourvedre or VS Cabernet Zinfandel
- 2 cups strawberries
- 20 oz can pineapple, including juice (chunks or slices)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 large oranges, sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- 1 lime sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- In a large 4 quart pitcher, pour the wine, strawberries, pineapples with their juice, and cranberry juice – mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange, lemon and lime wedges and toss in the wedges when done. Toss blueberries, stir.
- Place sangria in fridge for several hours or overnight. When ready, pour over glass filled with ice, garnish with fresh berries and or fruit wedge. Enjoy!
How perfect is it that National Margarita Day is on a Friday?! This recipe is so easy and so delicious, let’s make it a good one and keep this recipe going all weekend long!
1/2 cup Golden Jubilee
6oz Frozen Limeade Concentrate
1/2 cup Orange Juice
3 cups ice
1. Blend wine, limeade and orange juice until well combined
2. Slowly add in ice and blend to a slushy consistency
3. Rub margarita glass with lime and dust with salt
4. Fill each glass and garnish with orange and lime slices
Happy National Margarita Day!
September is hot and sunny one day and cool and misty the next. Brut is such a great wine because it is so versatile for anytime of year! It is elegant, crisp, and flavorful with light notes of citrus culminating with a nice long finish.
As a stand alone it is perfectly classy, great for any celebration you want to get dressed up and toast the night away… or even dressed down, with a bowl of popcorn and a date with the couch!
Now let’s Mix It Up! All of these recipes don’t have exact measurements so just mix to taste.
Piña Colada Brut Sparkling + Malibu + Pineapple Juice
Mojito Brut Sparkling + White Cab (arriving soon) + Strawberries + Mint
Fall Mimosa Brut Sparkling + Apple Cider
Kir Royale Brut Sparkling + Crème de Cassis + Cherry on top
– Happiness is delicious wine on a fall day!
Perfect to make this week and enjoy by your pool!
- 2 cups Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling Wine
- ⅓ cup vodka
- 1 cup trilogy kombucha*
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Garnish: lemon slices and raspberries
- Combine vodka, raspberries, and lemon juice and muddle until raspberries are broken down and liquid is pink.
- Pour mixture through a strainer and into a pitcher.
- Top with our Rosé Sparkling and kombucha and stir.
- Serve over Ice and Top sangria with lemon slices and raspberries
*GT’s Trilogy Kombucha has raspberry juice, lemon juice and ginger!
It’s 100 degrees out and all you want to be doing is hanging out by the pool with a refreshing drink in your hand, am I right?! Our Summer Sangria recipe is perfect for both Beer & Wine Drinkers and it is super light and refreshing, so let’s get to it!
1.5 cups of Pineapple Juice
3 bottles of Wheat Beer or Orange Wheat
1 Cup of Vodka (optional)
Bottle of Wilson Creek Orange Mimosa Sparkling Wine
Citrus Slices for Garnish
Fill a pitcher with Citrus Slices, Add juice and the liquor into the pitcher, Mix and serve over ice, and Garnish! Now, grab a floaty and go lounge in the pool with your Summer Sangria, Cheers!