Wilson Creek Blog
Events, News, Recipes & more!
If you are a frequent guest to Wilson Creek Winery, you have probably had an entertaining wine tasting with servers Massie or Chris! Their energetic personalities and knowledge of wine guarantee any returning or new guest an educational, but fun wine tasting. They know know how to read a guests’ palate and will recommend a perfect wine whether you prefer sweet, dry or bold. Along with sampling the excellent selection of Wilson Creek Wines, they have probably thrown a few wine mixes in there! Wilson Creek is well known for our selection of Sparkling Wines, our most popular being our Almond Champagne! Our Sparkling Wines now consist of Watermelon, Yuzu Lemon, Peach Bellini, Coconut, Sangria, Rosé, and even an Orange Mimosa! All these flavors gave our Tasting Room Servers the idea to create some fun wine mixes. They have become very popular over the years with more and more guests coming to the winery and requesting their favorite mix or even making them at home!
We thought it would fun to get our two master wine mixers together, Massie and Chris, to go LIVE for a Virtual Mixology Session and show you how they create some of their favorite wine mixes! After you watched the session on Tuesday, 9/22 at 5:30pm on Facebook and Instagram LIVE, below are the wine recipes used in the live and also a link to view even more wine mixes created here at Wilson Creek.
SPARKLING WINE RECIPES BELOW:
PEACH + SANGRIA
COCONUT + MOSCATO
PEACH + ORANGE + CAB/ZIN
THE UNICORN: PEACH + ALMOND + WHITE CAB
SANGRIA + DECADENCIA
Are you ready to make these wine mixes at home for your friends and family?!
Take advantage of our Mixology Online Sale
Purchase 12 or more bottles of any Sparkling Wine and receive FREE SHIPPING through Friday, September 25th!
USE PROMO CODE: MIXOLOGY
Excludes celebration and giving back labeled wines. Not available to ship to LA, AK and HI.
We love a good summer dessert, especially in the Temecula heat! This mouthwatering Peach Cobbler is such a fun, easy dessert and so delicious. Top with our whiskey whipped cream and this will be your go-to summer dessert from now on!
Pairs well with our 2019 Wilson Creek Riesling
- 4 cups peeled sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- ½ cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
for the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat
- Put the butter in a 3 quart baking dish and place in oven to melt
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping
- Pour mixture over melted butter
- Do not stir
- Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup
- Batter will rise to top during baking
- Bake for 30-45 minutes
for the whipped cream
- Using a stand or hand mixer whip cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Add whiskey and vanilla mix until combined.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with our Wilson Creek Irish Moscow Mule cocktail! It’s a fun twist on an old favorite, easy to make and fun to drink!
The fun twist here from the classic Moscow Mule is the substitution of Jameson Whiskey instead of Tito’s Vodka and of course our beloved Brut Sparkling, which you are sure to enjoy this St. Paddy’s Day!
- 2 oz Jameson Whiskey
- 3 oz Ginger Beer
- 3 oz Brut Sparkling
- 1 Lime (cut in half)
- Fresh Mint Sprigs
- Fill a glass or copper mug (if you have them these work best) almost full with ice.
- Pour in your Jameson, Brut, and Ginger Beer
- Squeeze 1/2 your fresh Lime Juice
- Add your Mint Springs
- Use the other half of the Lime to Garnish
Valentine’s Day may be over, but even after the holiday, keep your love flourishing with those small gestures! Showing how much you care about your significant other is key to keeping your relationship strong! Our very own Rosie and Gerry Wilson are a perfect example, being married for 66 Years! As Rosie would say, “Marriage isn’t 50/50, it’s 80/80,” and that is what she always tells our brides!
Rosie and Gerry being the foundation of Wilson Creek, and building upon their legacy, is what makes our Winery so special. If you have had the pleasure of meeting them, you know what wonderful people they are. You can just see the love that they have for each other and that love spreads to everyone around them.
Some words of advice from Rosie & Gerry after 66 years-
- If something is bugging you, put it on the table and deal with it in an adult manner. Don’t let the little things become big things! An example, your dirty clothes belong in the hamper.
- Never criticize your spouse in front of other people. Discuss these items in private.
- Do not discuss finances or big problems just before bed.
- Choose your battles. Most are not worth fighting over – it should be a win-win situation.
- Part of maturity is being able to admit that you were mistaken. “I screwed up!”
- Don’t expect your partner to be perfect…. YOU AREN’T!
- Be supportive of each other – be your partner’s biggest fan.
- Communication is very important. Always make decisions together.
- Remember to always say I Love You.
- Continue to date each other, and be spontaneous!
Marriage isn’t easy or perfect, what’s important is that you two have chosen to get to love each other for the rest of your lives, and together you will navigate through whatever comes your way.
Cheers to you- Rosie + Gerry
- 1 Orange (peeled and sliced)
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 3 Whole Star Anise Pods
- 1 Piece (1 inch) Peeled Fresh Ginger, Thinly Sliced
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Bottle (750 mL) Wilson Creek “Yes Dear” Chardonnay
Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and heat until warmed through.