These Cherry Heart Pies are such a fun and easy Valentine’s Day Dessert for your sweetheart or to even pass out as Valentine’s! We’ve also paired these with some of our wines at the bottom so let’s get to it!
CHERRY HEART PIES
- 1 box Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 11 oz Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- White Sparkling Sugar or Powdered Sugar
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a 3 to 4″ heart shaped cookie cutter, you should get 8-10 pies from 1 box of crusts.
- Cut as many shapes as you can get rerolling scraps as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together egg and milk to make an egg wash.
- Place half of the hearts on prepared pan(s).
- Use egg wash to wet the edges of the hearts.
- Place a small amount of the pie filling in the center of each.
- Make a small x cut in the center of the remaining half of the hearts.
- Place an x heart on top of each filled heart and press and crimp edges.
- Brush sealed pie with egg wash and dust with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until crust is browned.
- Allow to cool.
White Wine Pairing: 2021 Roussanne
Red Wine Pairing: 2020 Family Reserve Zinfandel