Wedding cakes are the traditional dessert at most weddings, but nowadays, brides and grooms are getting more creative with their tasty sweets they offer their guests. If you are serving an alternative to wedding cake, but want to carry on the sweet tradition of formally cutting the cake – and of course smashing each other with it for that perfect picture, the solution: A Cutting Cake!
What is a “cutting cake?” It’s a very small cake created for the bride and groom to participate in a tradition without spending hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on something they don’t actually want to serve for dessert. The cake is then whisked away to the kitchen to be wrapped up and put away in the fridge for the Bride and Groom to enjoy later that night or even the next day.
Then your guests can enjoy the tasty treat display you’ve always wanted!
Now we have another treat for you! We have put together our Top 20 favorite songs during the cake cutting to really sweeten up the moment!
1. Ed Sheeran & Beyoncé – Perfect Duet
2. Maroon 5 – Sugar
3. Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This
4. Kane Brown – Heaven
5. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
6. Taylor Swift – Lover
7. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This
8. OneRepublic – Good Life
9. DNCE – Cake by the ocean
10. Bruno Mars – Marry You
11. Old Dominion – Make It Sweet
12. Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me
13. Jack Johnson – Better Together
14. Sugarland – Stuck like Glue
15. Sara Bareilles – I Choose You
16. Maroon 5 – Girls Like You ft. Cardi B
17. Beyoncé – Love On Top
18. Flo Rida – Sugar
19. Beyoncé – XO
20. Dan + Shay – Speechless