Tag Archives: Sparkling Rosé
Posted on March 14, 2020 in Recipes
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with our Wilson Creek Irish Moscow Mule cocktail! It’s a fun twist on an old favorite, easy to make and fun to drink!
The fun twist here from the classic Moscow Mule is the substitution of Jameson Whiskey instead of Tito’s Vodka and of course our beloved Brut Sparkling, which you are sure to enjoy this St. Paddy’s Day!
- 2 oz Jameson Whiskey
- 3 oz Ginger Beer
- 3 oz Brut Sparkling
- 1 Lime (cut in half)
- Fresh Mint Sprigs
- Fill a glass or copper mug (if you have them these work best) almost full with ice.
- Pour in your Jameson, Brut, and Ginger Beer
- Squeeze 1/2 your fresh Lime Juice
- Add your Mint Springs
- Use the other half of the Lime to Garnish
Posted on March 4, 2020 in Weddings
Valentine’s Day may be over, but even after the holiday, keep your love flourishing with those small gestures! Showing how much you care about your significant other is key to keeping your relationship strong! Our very own Rosie and Gerry Wilson are a perfect example, being married for 66 Years! As Rosie would say, “Marriage isn’t 50/50, it’s 80/80,” and that is what she always tells our brides!
Rosie and Gerry being the foundation of Wilson Creek, and building upon their legacy, is what makes our Winery so special. If you have had the pleasure of meeting them, you know what wonderful people they are. You can just see the love that they have for each other and that love spreads to everyone around them.
Some words of advice from Rosie & Gerry after 66 years-
- If something is bugging you, put it on the table and deal with it in an adult manner. Don’t let the little things become big things! An example, your dirty clothes belong in the hamper.
- Never criticize your spouse in front of other people. Discuss these items in private.
- Do not discuss finances or big problems just before bed.
- Choose your battles. Most are not worth fighting over – it should be a win-win situation.
- Part of maturity is being able to admit that you were mistaken. “I screwed up!”
- Don’t expect your partner to be perfect…. YOU AREN’T!
- Be supportive of each other – be your partner’s biggest fan.
- Communication is very important. Always make decisions together.
- Remember to always say I Love You.
- Continue to date each other, and be spontaneous!
Marriage isn’t easy or perfect, what’s important is that you two have chosen to get to love each other for the rest of your lives, and together you will navigate through whatever comes your way.
Cheers to you- Rosie + Gerry
Posted on March 3, 2020 in Recipes
- 1 Orange (peeled and sliced)
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 3 Whole Star Anise Pods
- 1 Piece (1 inch) Peeled Fresh Ginger, Thinly Sliced
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Bottle (750 mL) Wilson Creek “Yes Dear” Chardonnay
Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and heat until warmed through.
Posted on February 12, 2020 in Recipes
Whether you are celebrating Galentine’s Day or Valentine’s Day, this week is the perfect excuse for eating sugary goodies and drinking wine! This decadent chocolate fruit tart with a chocolate cookie crust is smooth and a chocolate lovers dream! Pair this delicious treat with a full bodied, fruit forward red like our 2017 Zinfandel or a bottle of bubbly like our Rosé Sparkling Wine
for the crust:
- 2 cups of double stuffed oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons of butter melted
for the filling
- 12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- oreo cream
- 1.5 oz Decadencia
- fresh berries- blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries
for the crust:
- Take oreo cookies and scrape cream into a bowl and set aside; and the chocolate cookie into a separate bowl.
- Chop your cookies into crumbs
- Mix in the butter to your chocolate cookie crumbs
- Press crumbs into tart pan
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool
for the filling
- In a small sauce pan heat cream to simmer, do not allow to boil and remove from heat
- Add Decadencia, oreo cream, and chocolate chips to the heavy cream and let it sit for 5 minutes – Do not stir
- After 5 minutes gently stir until smooth being carfeful to not add air bubbles so your ganache
is nice and creamy
- Pour your ganache over the cookie crust in the tart pan
- Place in refrigerator to allow to cool partially (check after 10 minutes)
- Add your fresh berries on top of your partially cooled chocolate ganache. When the chocolate is still a little soft, it allows the fruit to partially sink
into the ganache adhering it in place
- Place back in the fridge, allow to cool and set completely before serving
- Add a dusting of powdered sugar right before serving
Looking for a delicious cocktail to start your evening? Try our Cotton Candy Rosé!
Posted on February 11, 2020 in Recipes
- 1/2 bottle of St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur – chilled
- 1 bottle of Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling – chilled
- Pink Cotton Candy
- Edible Gold Hearts
- Pour half a bottle of St. Germain into your pitcher
- Add in your bottle of Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling and stir well; Chill until ready to serve
- Then place your cotton candy on top of your champagne flutes
- When it’s time to enjoy take their cotton candy flute and pour the Rosé cocktail over the cotton candy to make a beautiful pink drink
- Sprinkle your edible gold hearts over the top for a beautiful pop of color and detail
Cheers To That!
Posted on February 4, 2020 in Lifestyle
photo creds: shellyfphotos.com
You Know You Love Wilson Creek Winery When…
- It’s always the place to meet up with your Mom Friends.
- You are out shopping and you have to post on IG stories that you found it in your local grocery store.
- Host brunch at your house and everyone brings Almond Sparkling.
- You know your favorite server’s schedule.
- You find our Golden Retrievers on property and you have to stop and take a selfie.
- Drop everything to come see Mario Lopez play Bocce Ball… or have severe FOMO!!!
- The weather hits 75 degrees and it’s just “SO HOT” you need one of our Wine Slushies!
- Our Country Concerts are always your date night.
- You’re a part of our extended family and you know our wine club is the best 😉
- You can always count on unlimited bubbly at our Sunday Brunch.
Go On Celebrate!
Posted on December 17, 2019 in Recipes
The countdown to the holidays is officially on! Sparkling Wine cocktails are, of course, perfect for Christmas and also make the ideal New Year’s Eve cocktail. May we suggest our New Year’s Sparkler? It’s the loveliest, tastiest sparkling cocktail for either holiday…or both!
- 1/2 bottle Berry-flavored vodka; chilled
- 1 Cup Pomegranate juice; chilled
- 1 bottle of Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling; chilled
In a punch bowl or large pitcher, combine all of the ingredients.
Serve and garnish with raspberries.
Posted on December 17, 2019 in Recipes
This Jingle Juice recipe is simple, delicious, and pretty! You only need three ingredients to make this holiday punch everyone will love. Enjoy a couple of these and you’ll hear those sleigh bells jingling in no time!
- 1 bottle Vodka
- 1 bottle Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling
- 1 bottle Cherry 7-up
- Cranberries for garnish
In a punch bowl or large pitcher filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients.
Serve over ice and garnish with cranberries.
Posted on December 16, 2019 in Recipes
This Christmas Cocktail is inspired by Delish’s Christmosa with a Wilson Creek twist! A festive and refreshing cocktail for all of your upcoming festivities that only takes about 10 minutes to make and looks so pretty on your buffet table!
1 C. green grapes, halved
1 C. pomegranate seeds
1 C. red sparkling grape juice; chilled
Posted on December 4, 2019 in Wine & Food
Christmas Cookie & Wine Pairings!
Traditions play a big role in making the holiday season so much fun! Here at Wilson Creek, we have a lot of fun with our traditional Wassail we enjoy every year. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser and very popular with our wine club family.
With Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve and many other reasons to gather with loved ones, having fun & fresh ideas are always a great compliment to those traditions.
Christmas Cookies are almost compulsory when it comes to the holiday season; one of America’s most popular traditions. Another very popular holiday tradition?… Wine, of course! So why not combine the two and make it that much more special!
Here are a few recipes that will delight your guest’s palates and warm their hearts.
The great thing about traditions is that there is always room to make new ones. So while you’re enjoying the holidays with your loved ones, maybe try a few of these pairings and see if any are worthy of a new tradition.
We have a feeling you won’t be disappointed.
All of us at Wilson Creek Winery warmly wish you a Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year!