Tag Archives: Jingle Juice
Posted on September 22, 2020 in Recipes
If you are a frequent guest to Wilson Creek Winery, you have probably had an entertaining wine tasting with servers Massie or Chris! Their energetic personalities and knowledge of wine guarantee any returning or new guest an educational, but fun wine tasting. They know know how to read a guests’ palate and will recommend a perfect wine whether you prefer sweet, dry or bold. Along with sampling the excellent selection of Wilson Creek Wines, they have probably thrown a few wine mixes in there! Wilson Creek is well known for our selection of Sparkling Wines, our most popular being our Almond Champagne! Our Sparkling Wines now consist of Watermelon, Yuzu Lemon, Peach Bellini, Coconut, Sangria, Rosé, and even an Orange Mimosa! All these flavors gave our Tasting Room Servers the idea to create some fun wine mixes. They have become very popular over the years with more and more guests coming to the winery and requesting their favorite mix or even making them at home!
We thought it would fun to get our two master wine mixers together, Massie and Chris, to go LIVE for a Virtual Mixology Session and show you how they create some of their favorite wine mixes! After you watched the session on Tuesday, 9/22 at 5:30pm on Facebook and Instagram LIVE, below are the wine recipes used in the live and also a link to view even more wine mixes created here at Wilson Creek.
SPARKLING WINE RECIPES BELOW:
PEACH + SANGRIA
COCONUT + MOSCATO
PEACH + ORANGE + CAB/ZIN
THE UNICORN: PEACH + ALMOND + WHITE CAB
SANGRIA + DECADENCIA
Are you ready to make these wine mixes at home for your friends and family?!
Take advantage of our Mixology Online Sale
Purchase 12 or more bottles of any Sparkling Wine and receive FREE SHIPPING through Friday, September 25th!
USE PROMO CODE: MIXOLOGY
Excludes celebration and giving back labeled wines. Not available to ship to LA, AK and HI.
Posted on August 17, 2020 in Recipes
We love a good summer dessert, especially in the Temecula heat! This mouthwatering Peach Cobbler is such a fun, easy dessert and so delicious. Top with our whiskey whipped cream and this will be your go-to summer dessert from now on!
Pairs well with our 2019 Wilson Creek Riesling
- 4 cups peeled sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- ½ cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
for the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat
- Put the butter in a 3 quart baking dish and place in oven to melt
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping
- Pour mixture over melted butter
- Do not stir
- Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup
- Batter will rise to top during baking
- Bake for 30-45 minutes
for the whipped cream
- Using a stand or hand mixer whip cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Add whiskey and vanilla mix until combined.
Posted on March 14, 2020 in Recipes
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with our Wilson Creek Irish Moscow Mule cocktail! It’s a fun twist on an old favorite, easy to make and fun to drink!
The fun twist here from the classic Moscow Mule is the substitution of Jameson Whiskey instead of Tito’s Vodka and of course our beloved Brut Sparkling, which you are sure to enjoy this St. Paddy’s Day!
- 2 oz Jameson Whiskey
- 3 oz Ginger Beer
- 3 oz Brut Sparkling
- 1 Lime (cut in half)
- Fresh Mint Sprigs
- Fill a glass or copper mug (if you have them these work best) almost full with ice.
- Pour in your Jameson, Brut, and Ginger Beer
- Squeeze 1/2 your fresh Lime Juice
- Add your Mint Springs
- Use the other half of the Lime to Garnish
Posted on March 4, 2020 in Weddings
Valentine’s Day may be over, but even after the holiday, keep your love flourishing with those small gestures! Showing how much you care about your significant other is key to keeping your relationship strong! Our very own Rosie and Gerry Wilson are a perfect example, being married for 66 Years! As Rosie would say, “Marriage isn’t 50/50, it’s 80/80,” and that is what she always tells our brides!
Rosie and Gerry being the foundation of Wilson Creek, and building upon their legacy, is what makes our Winery so special. If you have had the pleasure of meeting them, you know what wonderful people they are. You can just see the love that they have for each other and that love spreads to everyone around them.
Some words of advice from Rosie & Gerry after 66 years-
- If something is bugging you, put it on the table and deal with it in an adult manner. Don’t let the little things become big things! An example, your dirty clothes belong in the hamper.
- Never criticize your spouse in front of other people. Discuss these items in private.
- Do not discuss finances or big problems just before bed.
- Choose your battles. Most are not worth fighting over – it should be a win-win situation.
- Part of maturity is being able to admit that you were mistaken. “I screwed up!”
- Don’t expect your partner to be perfect…. YOU AREN’T!
- Be supportive of each other – be your partner’s biggest fan.
- Communication is very important. Always make decisions together.
- Remember to always say I Love You.
- Continue to date each other, and be spontaneous!
Marriage isn’t easy or perfect, what’s important is that you two have chosen to get to love each other for the rest of your lives, and together you will navigate through whatever comes your way.
Cheers to you- Rosie + Gerry
Posted on March 3, 2020 in Recipes
- 1 Orange (peeled and sliced)
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 3 Whole Star Anise Pods
- 1 Piece (1 inch) Peeled Fresh Ginger, Thinly Sliced
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Bottle (750 mL) Wilson Creek “Yes Dear” Chardonnay
Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and heat until warmed through.
Posted on February 12, 2020 in Recipes
Whether you are celebrating Galentine’s Day or Valentine’s Day, this week is the perfect excuse for eating sugary goodies and drinking wine! This decadent chocolate fruit tart with a chocolate cookie crust is smooth and a chocolate lovers dream! Pair this delicious treat with a full bodied, fruit forward red like our 2017 Zinfandel or a bottle of bubbly like our Rosé Sparkling Wine
for the crust:
- 2 cups of double stuffed oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons of butter melted
for the filling
- 12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- oreo cream
- 1.5 oz Decadencia
- fresh berries- blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries
for the crust:
- Take oreo cookies and scrape cream into a bowl and set aside; and the chocolate cookie into a separate bowl.
- Chop your cookies into crumbs
- Mix in the butter to your chocolate cookie crumbs
- Press crumbs into tart pan
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool
for the filling
- In a small sauce pan heat cream to simmer, do not allow to boil and remove from heat
- Add Decadencia, oreo cream, and chocolate chips to the heavy cream and let it sit for 5 minutes – Do not stir
- After 5 minutes gently stir until smooth being carfeful to not add air bubbles so your ganache
is nice and creamy
- Pour your ganache over the cookie crust in the tart pan
- Place in refrigerator to allow to cool partially (check after 10 minutes)
- Add your fresh berries on top of your partially cooled chocolate ganache. When the chocolate is still a little soft, it allows the fruit to partially sink
into the ganache adhering it in place
- Place back in the fridge, allow to cool and set completely before serving
- Add a dusting of powdered sugar right before serving
Looking for a delicious cocktail to start your evening? Try our Cotton Candy Rosé!
Posted on February 11, 2020 in Recipes
- 1/2 bottle of St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur – chilled
- 1 bottle of Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling – chilled
- Pink Cotton Candy
- Edible Gold Hearts
- Pour half a bottle of St. Germain into your pitcher
- Add in your bottle of Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling and stir well; Chill until ready to serve
- Then place your cotton candy on top of your champagne flutes
- When it’s time to enjoy take their cotton candy flute and pour the Rosé cocktail over the cotton candy to make a beautiful pink drink
- Sprinkle your edible gold hearts over the top for a beautiful pop of color and detail
Cheers To That!
Posted on February 4, 2020 in Lifestyle
photo creds: shellyfphotos.com
You Know You Love Wilson Creek Winery When…
- It’s always the place to meet up with your Mom Friends.
- You are out shopping and you have to post on IG stories that you found it in your local grocery store.
- Host brunch at your house and everyone brings Almond Sparkling.
- You know your favorite server’s schedule.
- You find our Golden Retrievers on property and you have to stop and take a selfie.
- Drop everything to come see Mario Lopez play Bocce Ball… or have severe FOMO!!!
- The weather hits 75 degrees and it’s just “SO HOT” you need one of our Wine Slushies!
- Our Country Concerts are always your date night.
- You’re a part of our extended family and you know our wine club is the best 😉
- You can always count on unlimited bubbly at our Sunday Brunch.
Go On Celebrate!
Posted on December 17, 2019 in Recipes
The countdown to the holidays is officially on! Sparkling Wine cocktails are, of course, perfect for Christmas and also make the ideal New Year’s Eve cocktail. May we suggest our New Year’s Sparkler? It’s the loveliest, tastiest sparkling cocktail for either holiday…or both!
- 1/2 bottle Berry-flavored vodka; chilled
- 1 Cup Pomegranate juice; chilled
- 1 bottle of Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling; chilled
In a punch bowl or large pitcher, combine all of the ingredients.
Serve and garnish with raspberries.
Posted on December 17, 2019 in Recipes
This Jingle Juice recipe is simple, delicious, and pretty! You only need three ingredients to make this holiday punch everyone will love. Enjoy a couple of these and you’ll hear those sleigh bells jingling in no time!
- 1 bottle Vodka
- 1 bottle Wilson Creek Rosé Sparkling
- 1 bottle Cherry 7-up
- Cranberries for garnish
In a punch bowl or large pitcher filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients.
Serve over ice and garnish with cranberries.