Valentine’s Day may be over, but even after the holiday, keep your love flourishing with those small gestures! Showing how much you care about your significant other is key to keeping your relationship strong! Our very own Rosie and Gerry Wilson are a perfect example, being married for 66 Years! As Rosie would say, “Marriage isn’t 50/50, it’s 80/80,” and that is what she always tells our brides!
Rosie and Gerry being the foundation of Wilson Creek, and building upon their legacy, is what makes our Winery so special. If you have had the pleasure of meeting them, you know what wonderful people they are. You can just see the love that they have for each other and that love spreads to everyone around them.
Some words of advice from Rosie & Gerry after 66 years-
- If something is bugging you, put it on the table and deal with it in an adult manner. Don’t let the little things become big things! An example, your dirty clothes belong in the hamper.
- Never criticize your spouse in front of other people. Discuss these items in private.
- Do not discuss finances or big problems just before bed.
- Choose your battles. Most are not worth fighting over – it should be a win-win situation.
- Part of maturity is being able to admit that you were mistaken. “I screwed up!”
- Don’t expect your partner to be perfect…. YOU AREN’T!
- Be supportive of each other – be your partner’s biggest fan.
- Communication is very important. Always make decisions together.
- Remember to always say I Love You.
- Continue to date each other, and be spontaneous!
Marriage isn’t easy or perfect, what’s important is that you two have chosen to get to love each other for the rest of your lives, and together you will navigate through whatever comes your way.
Cheers to you- Rosie + Gerry