Wilson Creek Blog
Events, News, Recipes & more!
Stay cool this weekend with a huge bowl of Watermelon Sangria! Our Watermelon Sparkling is bursting with nostalgic mid-summer fruit flavors. A perfect accompaniment to sun-drenched days by the pool or a BBQ with friends!
- 1 Large watermelon (seedless if you can)
- 1 (750-ml) bottle of Watermelon Sparkling, chilled
- 2 c. white rum
- 1 c. lime sparkling water
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 c. assorted fresh or frozen fruit, such as pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries
- Slice off the top third of the watermelon lengthwise (set aside and save for later use). On the large half, score fruit with a knife and scoop out the watermelon and transfer to blender.
- Blend watermelon until smooth. (If desired, strain seeds.)
- Add chilled wine, rum, lime sparkling water, and lime juice and stir until combined, then add limes and fruit.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours, then serve.
Today we raise a glass to National Mojito Day! We have created two refreshing wine mojito cocktails with unique summer combinations that you will be sippin on all season! Run to your kitchen and start prepping!
STRAWBERRY WINE MOJITO
- 1/2 Lime
- 8 Mint, fresh leaves
- 2 Strawberries, large
- 1 ounce of white rum
- 2 ounces of White Cabernet
- Club soda
Add the mint leaves, two lime wedges, and strawberries to a highball or collins glass. Use a muddler to gently muddle the mint, lime, and strawberries (but not too much as you don’t want to break apart the mint leaves).
Add the two remaining lime wedges. Muddle gently to release the lime juice, again being careful not to smash the mint leaves and break them apart.
Fill the glass with ice and pour the rum and White Cabernet directly over the ice. Top off each glass with club soda and stir just to combine. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh mint, lime, strawberries, and a straw. Enjoy!
COCONUT WINE MOJITOS
- 1 ounce white rum
- 2 ounces Coconut Sparkling
- 2 1/2 Limes
- Bundle of Mint leaves
- Toasted Coconut flakes, if desired
- Dip each glass in water and then roll in toasted coconut. Add 8 mint leaves and two lime wedges (from half of a lime) to a highball or collins glass. Use a muddler to gently muddle the mint and lime (but not too much as you don’t want to break apart the mint leaves).
- Add the rum, Coconut Sparkling, juice of 2 limes.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the rum and Coconut Sparkling directly over the ice. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh mint and lime and a straw. Enjoy!
• Graham crackers
• Dark chocolate bars
• 1 bottle of Decadencia
Toast a marshmallow and allow it to cool. Scoop out the center of the marshmallow, pour in your Decadencia, sprinkle on crushed graham crackers and add a mini chocolate bar!
Yea abs are great… but have you tried our donut and wine pairings?? These pairings will definitely Sprinkle your Donut, because National Doughnut Day is this Friday, June 7, 2019! Pick your favorite pairing and celebrate with us!
Make sure to snap a pic enjoying your favorite donut pairing with Wilson Creek Wine, tag us @wilson_creek_winery, and #wilsoncreekwinery #NationalDoughnutDay so we can share your posts on our Instagram Story!
EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH DONUTS & WINE!
OLD FASHIONED & ALMOND SPARKLING WINE
The old-fashioned donut is less sweet than most, allowing you to pair this with a sweeter wine. Our Almond Sparkling has just a hint of pure almond added to bring out those nutty flavors that you never knew a plain glazed donut had. The bubbles cleansing your palate keeps you ready for that next bite! Ah, the circle of life.
CHOCOLATE FROSTED & 2014 CELLAR SELECT BARBERA – MOURVÈDRE
Barbera-Mourvèdre has flavors of plum, cherry, and spice with modest levels of tannin complimenting the light and airy donut with the right amount of chocolatey sweetness in the frosting. Talk about a well-balanced treat that leaves you wanting more!
JELLY FILLED & 2015 FAMILY RESERVE ZINFANDEL
The Zinfandel being the perfect balance of jam & pepper pairs great with a Jelly donut! The sweetness of the blackberry flavors complimenting the raspberry jelly and the pepper from the wine really cuts through the sweetness of the donut. It’s Zin-fully good!
DEVIL’S FOOD & 2017 CELLAR SELECT ZSM (Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Malbec)
The double deliciousness of the chocolate cake donut plus the chocolate frosting pairs well with the dark jammy fruit-forward flavors of the ZSM. Chocolate dipped berries rolled in alcohol… sign us up!
STRAWBERRY FROSTED & ROSÉ SPARKLING
These two are just so pretty together! I think we can just leave it at that, but we just have so much more to say about this delicious pairing … Rosé Sparkling being the perfect balance of sweet & dry pairs great with a Strawberry Frosted Donut! The sweetness of the strawberry & melon flavors of the Rosé complimenting the strawberry frosting and the acid from the Rosé really cuts through the sugar of the frosting and sprinkles. We’re obsessed!
APPLE FRITTER & 2017 WINEMAKER’S SELECT MOSCATO
Moscato & Apple Fritters were made for each other! The dynamic flavors of honeydew melon, mandarin orange, and a touch of mint from the Moscato and the tart acidic apples with the caramelized buttery goodness from the fritter will have your taste buds singing Hakuna Moscato!!!
The cinnamon glazed donut- flavors of cinnamon, vanilla, and hints of toffee, go perfectly with those same flavors in the Syrah. The wine manages to enhance these warm flavors in the donut, rather than mask them. And despite the sweetness of the donut, the Syrah remains smooth and packs that delicious punch of cherry and sour plums on the palate, leaving you completely satisfied as is if you just finished an amazing pie on Thanksgiving!
MAPLE BAR & 2017 FAMILY RESERVE “YES DEAR” CHARDONNAY
The maple bar, with its underlying hints of vanilla, toffee, and butter, go perfectly with flavors of Vanilla & Sweet French Oak Spice, in the Chardonnay. The soft acids giving you those fruity flavors in the wine are the perfect balance to keep this flavor training going! A Chug- a Chug- a Chew- Chew!
We had to share this Peach Cobbler Cocktail for two reasons! National Peach Cobbler Day is on Saturday, recognizing the delicious dessert that originated during the 19th century! BONUS our Peach Sparkling is ONLY $10 right now for Wine Club Members! How perfect is that?! Grab a couple bottles and enjoy the weekend!
- 1 peach
- 1 cup of Peach Sparkling Wine
- 2 ounces of Almond Sparkling Wine
- 2 ounces of peach vodka
- 1 cup of ice
- brown sugar (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- crushed graham crackers (optional)
1. Make your Brown Sugar Mixture. Mix a small amount of brown sugar, cinnamon, and crushed graham crackers and set aside.
2. Blend all ingredients except brown sugar mixture in blender until smooth.
3. Dip rim of glass with water.
4. Dip glass rim in the brown sugar mixture.
5. Pour in drink mixture.
6. Garnish with a sliced peach.
~ Go On. Celebrate!